Tort Claim Notice

Tort Claim Notice Attorney / Lawyer based out of Portland, Oregon

Tort Claim Notice in Oregon

For Claims Against the Government

In the state of Oregon it is very important to preserve your state law claims by giving proper Tort Claim notice under ORS 30.275 within 180 days, if there is a possibility that you may file a lawsuit against any governmental agency. Tort claim notice preserves your Oregon State law claims. If you fail to provide tort claim notice, you may still have Federal remedies available, provided that you either settle or file your case within two years. If you fail to provide tort claim notice within 180 days, you will lose your state law claims; therefore, your case is considerably less attractive for an attorney to accept on a contingency fee basis. Some state causes of action are easier to prove than federal causes of action. Even if I am unwilling to accept your case on a contingency fee basis, I am usually willing to issue proper tort claim notice on an hourly basis, so that you have time to find an attorney to handle your case.

I also practice in other areas of the law which may require tort claim notice:

  • Personal Injury Claims Against the Government
  • False Imprisonment Claims Against the Government
  • Police Misconduct

  • Dog Bites by Governmental Dogs

  • Auto Accidents against drivers driving a governmental vehicle.

  • Claims against Governmental Landlords

  • Claims against Governmental Tenants

  • Claims when the Government Owns the Property

  • Breach of Contract Claims against the Government

  • Disclaimer: Any legal information on this site is not necessarily updated in a timely manner; neither is it a substitute for a legal analysis in relation to your case. I do not represent you and I am not your lawyer, unless you have a fee agreement with me.

    Mispellings: It is called tort claim notice if you have one tort claim If you have more than one claim then it is called tort claims notice. Sometimes it is referred to as tort notice.